Esthetics (Skin Care)
Our Esthetics program covers all aspects of skin care, make-up & facial procedures in 600 hours of technical instruction & practical operations.
Timeline: 20-25 weeks
Offered at our Woodland Hills location.
We prepare students for a potential career as:
- Product Demonstrator
- Spa Owner/Manager
SCHEDULE #1 (7 1/2 months)
Tuesday 8:30am – 12:30pm
Wednesday 8:30am – 12:30pm
Thursday 8:30am – 12:30pm
Friday 8:30am – 12:30pm
Saturday 8:30am – 12:30pm
SCHEDULE #2 (5 months)
Tuesday 8:30am – 2:30pm
Wednesday 8:30am – 2:30pm
Thursday 8:30am – 2:30pm
Friday 8:30am – 2:30pm
Saturday 8:30am – 2:30pm
Schedule may vary by location or demand.
- Industry rules & regulations
- Safety and sanitary requirements
- Facials (manual, electrical, chemical)
- Chemical skin exfoliation, packs, masks, scrubs
- Make-up application, skin analysis eyelash application
- Wax and depilatories, hair removal, eyebrow arching & tweezing
- Professionalism, job search strategy, personal and business ethics
- Personal grooming, employer-employee relations, customer relations, and communication skills
- Laws & Regulations (Cosmetology Act, Board rules & regulations)
- Esthetics-Related Chemistry (chemical composition and purpose of cosmetic and skin care preparations; elementary chemical makeup, chemical skin peels, physical and chemical changes of matter
- Health and Safety/Hazardous Substances (training in chemicals and health establishments, material safety, data sheets, protection from hazardous chemicals and preventing chemical injuries, health and safety laws and agencies, ergonomics, and communicable diseases)
- Theory of Electricity in Esthetics (nature of electrical current, principles of operating electrical devices, and the various safety precautions used when operating electrical equipment)
- Disinfection and Sanitation (procedures to protect the health and safety of the consumer as well as the technician; performing all necessary functions for disinfecting instruments and equipment as specified in Section 979 and 980; disinfection is emphasized throughout the entire training period and must be performed before use of all instruments and equipment)
- Bacteriology, Anatomy, Physiology, Skin Analysis and Conditions
- Facials – Manual (skin analysis, cleansing, scientific manipulations, packs, and masks)
- Facials – Electrical (use of all electrical modalities including dermal lights and electrical apparatus for facials and skin care purposes; however, machines capable of producing current shall not be used to stimulate so as to contract, or for the purpose of contracting, the muscles of the body or face)
- Facials – Chemical (chemical skin peels, packs, masks, and scrubs; emphasis on the fact that only non-living, upper-most layers of facial skin, known as the epidermis may be removed, and only for the purpose of beautification. All practical operations must be performed in accordance with section 992 regarding skin peeling).
- Eyebrow Arching and Hair Removal (use of wax, tweezers, electric or manual and depilatories for the removal of superfluous hair)
- Make-up (skin analysis, complete and corrective make-up, and the application of false eyelashes)
- Additional Training (salon management, communication skills, professional ethics, salesmanship, decorum, record keeping, client service record cards, resume writing)
- Disinfection & Sanitation
- Facials (Manual)
- Facials (Electrical)
- Facials (Chemical – skin peels, packs, masks, scrubs)
- Hair Removal & Eyebrow Arching, Tweezing
- Wax and Depilatories
- Make-up and Eyelash Application
Choose from our Reseda, Van Nuys or Woodland Hills locations.
Take a look at our skin care services.
Take the first step toward your new career.