Our Manicuring program covers all aspects of nail preparation & care in 400 hours of technical instruction & practical operations.
Timeline: 20-25 weeks
Offered at our Reseda location.
We prepare students for a potential career as:
- Nail Technician
- Product Demonstrator
- Salon Owner/Manager
SCHEDULE #1 (4 months)
Monday 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Tuesday 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Wednesday 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Thursday 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Saturday 8:30am – 5:00pm
SCHEDULE #2 (4 months)
Monday 8:30am – 2:30pm
Tuesday 8:30am – 2:30pm
Wednesday 8:30am – 2:30pm
Thursday 8:30am – 2:30pm
Friday 8:30am – 2:30pm
Schedule may vary by location or demand.
- Water and oil manicuring & pedicuring
- Application of acrylic, liquid & powder brush-on, nail wraps, nail repair, nail tips, gel nails without UV light
- Acrylic (methacrylate) encapsulated nails, UV-gels & nail art
- Advanced nail technology (electric filing, art stencils & stamps, freehand art & minx)
- Professionalism, job search strategy, personal and business ethics
- Personal grooming, employer-employee relations, customer relations, and communication skills
- Industry Laws & Regulations
- Health & Safety (training in chemical safety in establishments, material safety data sheets, protection from hazardous chemicals, preventing chemicals-related injuries, communicable diseases)
- Manicures & Pedicures (water and oil, hand/arm/foot/ankle massage)
- Manicurist Chemistry (training in chemical composition and the purpose of nail care preparation)
- Disinfection and Sanitation (procedures to protect the health and safety of the consumer as well as the technician; performing all necessary functions for disinfecting instruments and equipment as specified in Section 979 and 980; disinfection is emphasized throughout the entire training period and must be performed before use of all instruments and equipment)
- Bacteriology, Anatomy, and Physiology
- Additional Training (product knowledge, sales techniques, client suitability, professional ethics, client relations, effective communication)
- Disinfection & Sanitation
- Manicures & Pedicures (water & oil manicures, complete pedicures, hand/arm/foot/ankle massage)
- Artificial Nails (acrylics, liquid, gels; powder brush-ons, nail tips, nail wraps, nail repair, nail analysis)
Choose from our Reseda, Van Nuys or Woodland Hills locations.
Look at our full list of manicuring services.
Take the first step toward your new career.